We strongly recommend that our clients only use pharmaceutical grade products, from companies that actually manufacture their own products, do clinical studies to show absorption and efficacy and maintain very strict quality control standards. When evaluating brands, ask about their manufacturing process, filler ingredients, raw material suppliers, independent third party testing and whether or not they are GMP certified. For herbs you want to make sure they are organic and wild crafted for environmental responsibility. We only carry brands that we have researched and can recommend from a clinical efficacy standpoint.
For a basic foundation I recommend that all my patients take high quality:
- Multi-vitamin with minerals (to replete what is depleted)
- B-complex (used up under stress)
- Vitamin C 500-3000 units/day (antioxidant/immune system)
- Vitamin E 200-400mg/day (antioxidant/immune system)
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (fish oils: anti-inflammatory/cell membrane function, cardiovascular/brain/skin health)
- Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D mineral complex
- Probiotics such as lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus
Most of the time these nutrients should be taken with meals, however there are exceptions. We can help you determine what your needs are. In addition, depending on what we are treating we may use various other nutrients to support adrenal/thyroid/gut/hormonal/liver/joint health. In order to absorb what you are taking it's important to have excellent gastrointestinal health, otherwise you may not get the optimal benefits.