Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our Admin Team at 469.729.6461.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Our providers prefer for your initial visit to always be in person. However, any follow up appointments are welcome to be via phone or Zoom.
Clients have limited email contact with their Carpathia Collaborative provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email. Please also note that in some cases, messages may take up to 48 hours to be responded to.
Cancellations & Policy
Our Office Policies and Guidelines Agreement states that in the event of a missed or cancelled appointment without the required 48-business hour notice, we will have to charge the patient the full cost of the missed visit. We require this notice so that patients who are on our cancellation list, waiting for an appointment, have the opportunity to come in within a reasonable amount of time permitted.
We understand that sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances that occur. Therefore, we will try our best to accommodate the patient’s needs.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our clients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Carpathia Collaborative which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-Carpathia Collaborative medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Carpathia Collaborative will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Carpathia Collaborative physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Carpathia Collaborative
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Carpathia Collaborative doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Carpathia Collaborative physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Carpathia Collaborative, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Carpathia Collaborative because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Health
Functional Medicine gets to the root cause of your issues with the help of our experienced team of practitioners. Register as a new patient, on our patient portal and fill out a new patient questionnaire. Our admin team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment and jumpstart your journey back to health!