Best Paleo Stuffing (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
A healthy paleo stuffing recipe that makes the perfect side dish for chicken or turkey. Ideal for the holidays! Gluten and grain free.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- 3 cups onion diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 cup apple cored and diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dates, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 eggs whisked
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Heat ghee or oil in a large cast-iron or oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, apple, mushrooms, cranberries or dates, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sauté until very soft, about 7 minutes.
Remove from heat. Keep in an oven-proof skillet or transfer to 9×9″ baking dish. Stir in almond flour and mix well. Add the whisked eggs and stir well. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned on top.
If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, grease a medium-size baking dish before sautéing ingredients (a 9×9″ works well). After eggs have been added and the mixture is well-stirred, transfer mixture to baking dish. Continue baking as directed.
This recipe was originally published on https://40aprons.com/best-paleo-stuffing/#wprm-recipe-container-10304
Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
For the crust
- 1 cup (150 grams) pitted Medjool dates
- 1½ cups (170 grams) raw pecans, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the gingerbread cheesecake
- 2 cups (284 grams) unsalted raw cashews soaked in cold water for 4 to 10 hours
- ½ cup (120 grams) full-fat coconut milk shaken together in the can to incorporate the cream + coconut water
- ⅓ cup (113 grams) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (56 grams) refined coconut oil melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons (63 grams) unsulphured molasses
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: ground cinnamon grated fresh nutmeg, and pecan halves, if desired
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly grease with coconut oil.
In the work bowl of a food processor, place dates. Pulse until finely chopped. Add pecans, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt; pulse on medium-low speed until a sticky dough begins to forms, with small pecan bits remaining. (Do not overprocess or the dough will become oily.) Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan.
Drain soaked cashews, and rinse with cold water. In the container of a blender, combine cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, molasses, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, nutmeg, cloves, 1½ teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt; blend until mixture is silky smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
Pour filling into prepared crust, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Tap pan on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Freeze until completely firm, at least 3 hours.
When the cheesecake bars are set, run a knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting bars with the still-hot (dried) knife. Cut into 16 squares. Garnish with cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecan halves, if desired.
Let thaw at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 2 months.
This recipe was originally printed in the 2017 Holiday Issue of Bake From Scratch Magazine and found at https://www.bakerita.com/gingerbread-cheesecake-bars-gluten-free-paleo-vegan/!
Grain-Free Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 F
Combine almond flour, coconut flour, spices, baking soda, coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Combine coconut oil and almond butter in a separate bowl, microwave 30 seconds.
Add syrup, vanilla, and almond/coconut milk and stir.
Add pumpkin puree and mix well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Pour into shallow baking pan (I think mine was 8” x 13” but don’t quote me) Bake for 30 minutes until center sets.
Add icing ingredients to small bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Feel free to add more almond milk if you want a thinner consistency. Stir well until smooth. Pour icing over pumpkin bars!